Monday 14 January 2008

Mix CD Project







Woot. An update at last. I'd like to say I've been busy but I've mostly been plundering the depths of existential despair. Not really. But yes, haven't been feeling particularly inspired to write anything. So this was my first project back after the Christmas holidays. You can tell I've grown a little rusty just in those 3 weeks off. Basically we had to make a 6 mix CDs with 6 covers plus an A3 poster (to follow). You could have just reproduced the same cover 6 times over but I decided to make each one different. I say decided but I guess I was slightly pushed into that as I was refusing to a. use a computer and b. to have anything printed properly.

The CD had to have a theme, mine was misanthropy. My choice of music was pretty self explanatory I guess. It was mainly of the genre termed as 'Noise' by most. I will post a link to the mix once I have uploaded it to a file sharing server of some kind. I feel slightly sorry for those unsuspecting fellow students who received some of my mixes in our class lucky dip but I guess just by looking at the title they might well know what to expect. I, for one enjoy the majority of the music on the mix (apart from maybe the first track, by Whitehouse).

I'll be posting up the mix soon, in the meantime here are my front covers for use to peruse. Please note 'deliberately' lo-fi use of sellotape and wonky borders...





No comments: