Friday 9 November 2007

Miss Broadway

I've been a little lazy writing about these. They've just been sitting completely liberated without my negative thoughts choking them...oh well not for long...

These are all from a recent project. We were told to pick a song and produce images for it. I chose 'Miss Broadway' (a cover) by the band Glass Candy. This band are blogged about lots and lots so go to Hype Machine and search for it (it's like 'super awesome'). At the time of this project my continuing interest in silent cinema and the 192o/30's was resurfacing and I watched 'Pandora's Box' by G.W Pabst. Basically I saw Miss Broadway as a slightly languid and sordid woman. The first two are images linked directly to lyrics.





3 comments:

Tom said...

Hello Kathryn! I don't think I've seen these before, they are really nice. Were they from a college project? x x

dann said...

SO it was the last one that got picked? Definitely my favourite.

Charlotte Procter said...

these are really excellent!
love,
charlotte xxxx